Friday, December 4, 2009

Sommers

Sommers article starts off very strongly in the fact that she draws on your emotions, using very good tactics of pathos, to describe her child life and in doing so, got me thinking very much so about her topic. The way she uses terms in her child life really got me thinking and involved in her paper. She talks about revisions and how each individual writer needs to stick with his or her guns and go off their own thoughts in their papers and forget the thoughts of others as they look to write. She wants you to adapt a sort of writers voice in your work in that it is original and it sounds extremely unique. I find it interesting is because that is what I attempt to do in my writing now that I look back on my past. In the past I would write for the content mind off my teacher; or another words, to make my teacher happy, but after I look at it more in depth, I need to write what I enjoy and what will make me happy, not the teacher. Writing shouldn't be looked at as a sort of torture, it should be seen in the light of a way to express yourself freely without boundaries. She speaks of revisions as being the best way of doing so as well. She states that revisions are re looking the paper entirely and not just changing grammatical errors in it. A good way to take on revisions that she mentions is that you can take a "refreshing shower" in between to take a break from your work and clear your mind. Having a clear mind and a new approach to each and every paper is what you want. With having new ideas, is the exact reason you use revision in papers; to revisit the work you did and add those ideas that you just thought of into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment