Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ad Council

Based on what I saw from the "Ad Council", the one that caught my attention was the article about drunk driving. The article that the ad council created on Drunk Driving showed what problems can arise. When in the video, the glasses clink together There wouldn't be a way to find the jobs in the different videos regarding certain aspects of drunk driving that people don't think about. If no one drank and drove then I think that there would be less overall fatalities as opposed to other types of deaths. If more people drank and drove, I think there would be more crashes related to death and injury on the road. I feel like the video is meant to scare you with the noises and the voice in the background as well as the slow motion. The sight of the wine glasses brings feminine aspects to mind. It is almost like the video is saying "no matter if you are a female or a male, you can still die drunk driving and crash". So if there weren't enough crashes from just normal sober drivers, there are even more crashes due to inebriated partygoers who think they are sober enough to drive home. I can only wonder what their thought process is when they leave a party and get into their car. "Will I injure or kill myself or random strangers in order to just avoid having to take a cab or use the bus?". If I was ever in that position I would definately answer yes to the questions and decide to take a taxi.
Unfortunately, a close family member of mine made the wrong decision and decided to drive himself and a friend home one night five years ago. They got into a wreck and got seriously injured. Every time I heard the screeching of brakes in the video I could just imagine him getting into that wreck.

No comments:

Post a Comment