Friday, August 28, 2009

Writer's Profile/Clogger The Blogger


Mainly, my attitude toward writing has always been one of indifference. If I have to write to pass a class or write a thank you letter for a graduation gift, I try to get by with the minimal amount of writing necessary to get the job done. I am not someone who blogs regularly or does creative writing “for the heck of it” or whatever reason people use to justify blathering on and on about a random topic to promote their “writing skills”, while many teachers encourage succinct writing that outlines a point, provides an example, and finally draws a conclusion. There are bigger and better things to be doing, for instance hanging out with people like Tyler, Rachel and everyone else from Hanson at some sick pad in Stone e what college kids do. You know what I’m saying? Writing will be writing and partying or living it up will always be what’s good.

However, some writing will be universally necessary. For instance, filling out emergency information forms in case something goes wrong one late college night, or even spelling your name correctly into a cute girl’s phone. You’ve got to get that right. The former “technically” being more important than the latter, but that really depends on the situation at hand. Writing and reading are absolutely necessary in order to carry out certain mundane daily tasks from reading how much detergent to add to my laundry, to assessing the proof of a sinister looking bottle of liquid looking lonely at a friendly get-together.

Because the world is so big and there are so many different forms of writing, I recognize that writing does play a bigger part in the world than perhaps I realize. How would you know there’s a party going on in Tokyo if you can only read events over facebook in English? Just something to think about.

1 comment:

  1. I feel as I read your article and or (blog) i seemed to continuoulsy think of my friend frogger. You hopped from idea to idea very nicely with your transitions. I agree with what you said. You included necessary writing as well as optional writing. Good job bucko.

    ReplyDelete